Sunday, August 2

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley (Cross Stitch)



Mary Shelley wrote Frankenstein when she was just 18. This is pretty amazing considering that when I was 18, I was worried about whether or not a perm would look good with my face (it did, so no worries). She actually published it anonymously because apparently people didn't take too kindly to female authors in the 19th century. Who knew. What I love about this book is that I thought it was going to be this dark menacing novel about a monster who terrorizes Europe. Instead, I got a book set in beautiful Switzerland and the sad tale of a creature created and abandoned. This creature has no concept of language and has to learn about the world around himself solely by his own intuition. He tries to befriend people and gets nothing but screaming peasants. Shelley had me feeling so bad for this guy, that by the time he gets to killing, I'm actually on his side.

I hope this pattern inspires you to read the novel if you haven't already.

Download here.

Dam Good Crafts is owned by A.A. Farrar of Life's Trivial Pursuits. Dam Good Crafts Cross Stitch Patterns are for personal use only. Do not copy. All PDF patterns and the designs for those patterns are copyright protected and may not be redistributed, reproduced, or shared in any manner.

If someone you know is interested in this pattern, please send them directly to my site to download. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment